Say ‘hello’ to HelloBar.
There are many options for website pop-ups and announcements, but our favorite here at HelloFund is HelloBar. Not just because we share similar, very cool names, but also because their tool is easy to design, install and effectively converts users!
A hello bar is a great alternative to using a website pop-up, an option that is controversial. Hello bars are less obtrusive, yet are constantly on display, and allow you to present a specific message to your visitors, without distracting them from your regular content on your website.
Steps to create and install a Hello Bar on your website to drive traffic to your donation, fundraising or event ticket page:
- Sign-up for an account at https://www.hellobar.com/.
- Click on “Create a new Hello Bar”
- Select your goal. In this case, you should probably select “Target a URL”.
- Choose your type of Hello Bar. Our personal favorite is the “Bar” as it isn’t too intrusive and it stays on the page.
- Select your design. We personally like “Belgrade” as the button has rounded edges and we know that rounded buttons increase conversions. Learn the power of the right donation button.
- The next step is to insert your target URL – in this case this will be your HelloFund URL.
- Also part of the design stage is coloring; choose colors that are consistent with your brand but also stand out on the page so as to grab users’ attention.
- Skip the “Leading Question” box as this is a paid feature and we don’t recommend paying to use this feature.
- We recommend the following choices for “Settings”:
- For the last options for “Targeting”, we recommend showing it to “Everyone” and selecting ‘7 days’ for “After a conversion, don’t display this site element to that user for:”
You’re done setting it up! Now select “Save & Publish” in the upper-right-hand corner.
To connect HelloBar to your website, you will need to choose from the following options:
Follow these instructions, or if you get stuck, select “I need help!” and a HelloBar support person can help you through it.
Once your site is connected to your HelloBar, it should automatically go live! Our HelloFund user, Rebecca’s Wish, has had a lot of success with their HelloBar driving traffic and increase donations to their HelloFund donation page.