Giving Tuesday is where holiday giving is at! If you’re not participating, you’re leaving donations on the table. Yes, it is a crowded space that people are starting to talk about earlier and earlier every year. And yes, everyone and their mother has a Giving Tuesday campaign, but that’s also because there are donors there to support those campaigns online. We recommend you throw something clever together and create a major opportunity to remind your supporter-base to support you!
Not convinced? A little bird told us that research shows individuals who give on #GivingTuesday only made donations on this day and not any other time of the year!
This is taken from the Giving Tuesday website: You are the most important part of making this movement a reality. We have put together this toolkit to provide you with all of the resources you need to get started. Download, print, share and start planning your #GivingTuesday campaign today.
Five Easy Steps To Execute A Giving Tuesday Campaign:
- Setup a #GivingTuesday themed fundraising page on HelloFund. Here is one of our example donation pages that we created in 10 minutes.
- Add your new fundraising page to your organization’s website homepage (also consider adding it as a pop-up on your website using a tool like HelloBar)
- Draft a series of GivingTuesday emails to your donor-base:
- First email: announce your Giving Tuesday campaign and inform your supporters as to what it’s all about
- Second email: remind your database that you have a Giving Tuesday campaign and that your donors don’t have to wait until November 27th to start donating (use this email to state your fundraising amount goal and what the raised funds will be used for)
- Third email: Countdown to Giving Tuesday fundraising goal roughly one week before November 27th (use this email to tie into Thanksgiving and what you are thankful for)
- Last email: the morning of Giving Tuesday, send a persuasive and urgent email encouraging readers to donate NOW! An embedded video is always a good idea (consider sending this email first thing in the morning so it’s the first things they read – like 6:02am)
- Add a few different posts about your Giving Tuesday campaign to your social media content calendar. Again, start with messaging that states what Giving Tuesday is and why you’re organization is participating, then tell your supporters what your fundraising goal is and what the funds will go towards. Finally make the urgent appeal for your donors to support this global initiative through your organization.
- Finally, see if there is some local PR love you can receive from a newspaper, coffee shop, donor or magazine to either:
- Have a news outlet write a story on your GivingTuesday campaign
- Find a donor / company to match what you raise and communicate it to their contacts
- Partner with a local business to give you some free marketing by announcing your campaign at their store
It’s not too late to make your Giving Tuesday campaign plan and start raising more funds! Do you need more inspiration or have a question? Message us and we’ll help you get started!